This course covers the requirements and expectations of administering, managing and handling medication safely and delivers key information to ensure learners are suitably trained and competent. Regulations and mandatory requirements will be explored to ensure learners are equipped with the necessary skills needed in providing effective medication care that meets the Skills for Care requirements and NICE guidelines.
- Administering & Supporting
- Three levels of medication training
- Common side effects.
- Safe disposal & infection controls
- Legislation and guidelines on administration
- Risk limitation and accountability
- Recording and reporting
- Methods of administering and applying medication
- Common medications in use
- Common problems and safeguarding others
- Local policies
All candidates will complete a Medication Awareness Assessment to assess knowledge, ability and understanding.
|Half Day||£35 inc VAT|