First Aid is an important part and basic requirement of working in all workplace environments. Practical demonstrations and activities are delivered within a group setting providing all participants with a first-hand experience of First Aid, CPR and AED (Automated external defibrillator) use. Sessions can also cover subjects such as Epilepsy, Allergic reactions, Dressing and Aganol breathing. The training is delivered by a Highfield accredited and experienced trainer and all participants are assessed to Level 2 standard.
Course Content – Full Day
- Aims and role of a First Aider
- What to do in an emergency and the actions to take (D.R.A.B.C)
- Prioritising treatment
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Secondary Assessment
- Top to Toe Assessment and Recovery Position
- Resuscitation and CPR.
- Introducing an AED and how to use it
- Recognising and treating shock
- Dressing wounds and stemming bleeding
- Treatment for life threatening conditions such as choking, strokes, heart attacks, anaphylaxis and sepsis.
- Treating burns and scalds
- Understanding Diabetes and related complications
- Record Keeping and monitoring progress
- First Aid Kits
|Full Day 7.5 Hours||In depth Practical Session
(Teaching and Assessment)
|£60 inc VAT|